This is a significant update, with some new features and fixes. It contains a host of major the provisional 2019 key stage 5 value added coefficients. The full changelog can be downloaded from https://www.4matrix.com/files/change/220.127.116.11.pdf
We are aware that some users are having trouble applying this update, please see https://www.4matrix.com/updatefix before logging a ticket. Other reported issues:
1) Importing into a custom field doesn't work and the data is not imported (workaround is to enter the values in relevant column in Edit Pupils)
2) If any pupils have a grade of N in the Edit Markbook, Pupil Display won't print for that pupil
A series is a snapshot of performance - a Y11 Autumn 1 series may refer to teacher assessments that were taken before Autumn half term.
Over the course of a year, 4Matrix can be used to analyse, diagnose, track, forecast and report on the progress of pupils from years 7 to 11.
Greater emphasis is placed on KS4 however - the significance of this is that it is this information that will largely influence an inspection judgement.
Progress is monitored by entering series of most-likely grades into 4Matrix, either once or twice a term.
For a new group of Year 11 pupils, a typical data cycle might include:
1) Y10 mock exam results - this will provide the first series for the new cohort of Y11
2) Autumn Term - most likely grades entered twice during the term
3) Target grades
4) Spring Term - most likely grades entered twice during the term
5) Summer Term - most likely grades entered
6) Actual exam results available in August
All of these data points can imported into 4Matrix as a Series. There is no limit to how many series you can import. A similar cycle would take place for year 10.
This will provide an analytical record of Y11 performance using a ‘point analysis’ technique, i.e. several series of data about estimated grades collected of twice per term, and forming a record of movement over an academic year. Here are just some examples:
The Series Analysis tool will show the differences between any series for a selected cohort of pupils
The Series Comparison tool will show the movement of grades towards the target grades
The Flight Path tool will show trajectories for every pupil based on national chances tables, against which their progress can be plotted, and targets set
Article ID: 127
Category: Importing Data
Date added: 08/12/2016 12:10:19
Views : 202
Rating (Votes): (12)